Tuesday, October 13, 2009

YOUTH AND THE BIBLE

I was invited by Kuya Jayson, Youth Coordinator of St. Jude Thaddeus Parish Youth Ministry to be one of their speaker in their week-long program for the visit of the Diocesan Youth Cross in their parish.

At first, I had my hesitations about it after he disclosed to me that my topic is YOUTH AND THE BIBLE. I said to myself, "The heck? The Bible? Bible?" but then I remember NCYM and so that give me the courage to take the challenge and preparel on how I can be effective in delivering the talk.

I ask several friends' advise on how I can attack the topic but unfortunately, their suggestions will not work for me and so I devised my own outline.

Making the outline of my talk seems like I'm doing a report for the Grad school, only I love what I'm researching about -- The Bible.

After a week of research and preparations, I had all in set. I gave the talk last August 26, 2009. Straight from my UST caravan, drop my office things at home, grab a bite of bread and I set off to St. Jude -- tired and hungry but super excited to deliver the piece I've work hard. :)

I gave several talks already but this one is different because I'm the one who prepared my own piece unlike the others wherein there is already a module or a program to follow. I really enjoyed my talk -- the SJTP YM are very participative, creative and attentive.

More than anything, I enjoyed researching about the Bible and it is thru this talk that I was able to gain more knowledge on the Holy Book and I was lucky to be able to share this to other youth of the Diocese. :)

I'm so grateful for this opportunity and hope to be doing more of this thing in the future.

To God be the Glory! :)


1 JOHN 2:14

“ I write to you, young people, because you are strong; the Word of God lives in you.."

No comments:

Post a Comment