Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Notes from Sunday Mass Homily


Sunday is an exciting day for me because it means I'll be able to attend the Sunday Mass at the Chapel of Eucharistic Lord presided by Rev. Fr. Nolan Que. It means another day to learn about the Word of God, another day to brighten me up and shake the positivity in me. I find the homily very interesting and helpful. Interesting because its very lively and interactive; helpful because it helped me interprete the message of the readings correctly and deeply. But the most important thing is that, Fr. Nolan Que's homily helped me in coping up in my day to day challenges, giving me positive outlook in life. Now, I am sharing some of my notes from his homily each Sunday in hope that it might help you too and hopefully to invite you to do the Sunday Mass habit. God bless!

Aug 5
"Obey the Lord always"
"Huwag kang mag-alala, Diyos ang bahala"

Aug 12
"If we fail to accept the will of God, there'll be consequences"
"Don't forget that you are weak and you are nothing without God"

Aug 26
"You are disapointed bec you expect too much"
"No one is exempted from brokenness; brokenness is good because it connects us to the cross"
"There is separation because there is no authentic giving."

Sept 2
"Everything good comes from God and everything bad comes from us"
"sin+guilt=shame, if you dont feel ashame, youre hopeless"
"Cleanse your heart and straighten your life by deciding based on what is in your heart"

Sept 9
"When we surrender to God, at first its not easy, but if we accept it, we feel at peace and an immediate consolacion comes to us."
"To surrender ourself to God is to be humble at all times."
"Let us not be afraid to surrender ourself to God, that is the best thing we can do as a Christian."
"Surrender is an act of humility. If we surrender, the cup of blessing will overflow, because we have given our full trust to God."
"If we did not surrender, we become restless and restlessness leads to destruction!"

No comments:

Post a Comment