Monday, September 17, 2012

What is your life's purpose?

You wake up everyday doing what you usually do - take a bath, eat breakfast, go to school or go to work. You do what you needed to do to survive what that day gives you - you are living in the moment.

Now here is this question - What is your life's purpose?

In your entire existence, have you ever cross this question? Simple as it seems but when someone asked me this, I paused. I fade away in silence as I reflect in the question and asked myself repetitively. I woke up everyday doing my usual tasks. I work for usual reasons - buy material things, satisfy my loved one needs, for self fulfillment; but really, what is my life's purpose?

I start to look back. What have I done in my 27 years?  Yes, I do have goals.  I was brought up by my mom as a goal oriented person - a person full of aspirations and dreams. I remember doing everything geared towards my goals - to be successful in my chosen career, have reasonable savings, buy material things I like, have my own car, have my own house etc. Yes, I have goals but is this the same as my life's purpose? Is waking up everyday doing my usual routines geared towards those goals enough to be said that I am living with a purpose?

I may not have the answer now and I don't know when will I know it. This I know will need more time to reflect and that I need to answer a lot of questions about myself but what's important is I am awaken. I am awaken to put more effort everyday, to just not live the moment, to know my deepest desires and to know my life's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment